Monday, February 9, 2009

Success!! Able to recreate meal from botched stew


That moroccan tagine was a big disappointment and looked much too heavy for Col or my taste. Rinsed off the beef and tossed the potatoes and carrots and searched for a recipe for beef and orzo. Found this great recipe on about.com for moshari yiouvetsi - a Greek beef and pasta casserole. I just cooked it and that extra hour in the oven with the tomatoes/jalapeno can and the liquid transformed the beef from tough to incredibly tender. It also looks much lighter and I can truly say delicious. So don't tell Col and I want to see her respone. Also found that I can freeze the beef stew with the potatoes (didn't think you could freeze potatoes) but they do with french fries, etc. We'll get two good meals out of the stew. I have to use up the cabbage before it goes bad - will make stuffed cabbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment