Thursday, February 5, 2009

Fatoush, Sesame Noodles and what about the deer?

Had 2 English cucumbers that were going bad - so used them to make Fatoush - a Mediterranean bread salad. Didn't have some ingredients - tomatoes, green peppers so used roasted red peppers instead. Also didn't have fresh mint -used dried. Throw in pita bread, scallions (end of them) parsley, cilantro (out now) and a few other things. Very refreshing. Got original recipe from Williams-Sonoma. I was afraid the marinated chicken tonight was going to be boring so made some sesame noodles. Started using a recipe but I didn't have half the ingredients - so I punted. Added lime juice, peanut butter, spicy noodle sauce and some other stuff. Wasn't sure how they were going to turn out. Picked up my daughter from swimming, and I threw out the garbage when I came home. When I went into the house my daughter was eating the noodles and she said they were "banging" which I assume meant good. She actually said they were great and she is my worst food critic.

And then there are the deer - I don't know what to do except maybe buy some deer food. I would throw them out vegetables but at this point I can't spare anything. I am really running out of the basics and once I run out of onions or hot sauce - won't know if I can finish the challenge. But I am going to try.

2 comments:

  1. This is going to be interesting if you are already running out of basics and it is only day 3. I am sure that this is the only time Col would LOVE to come to Brooklyn ( not that I have any food) diz<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. If I had planned for this 30 day, I would have stocked up on a lot more stuff. But we will see what we can do. I was going to make grapeleaves but don't have lemon juice only lime juice. Dinner last night was really great.

    ReplyDelete