Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day 1 - No food to be bought for 30 days

Well, this all started out very unimaginatively. My sister, Colleen, who lives next door to me in Morris Plains asked if we had enough food to last for 2 days through the snow storm (if it gets really heavy). I told her we had enough food for 30 if I cooked creatively. Well - guess what! She challenged me to it. We are not allowed to buy any food for 30 days! We are both unemployed and this will help us pay our bills too!

We weren't planning on doing anything like this so we haven't even stocked up on everything. Already know we are going to need olive oil. Will be eating lots of beans, soup, pasta!

2 comments:

  1. Well, hearing how calm you have remained, and the creativity you are showing, I think anyone would be begging you to manage their business. I guess we will see later in the month, but I have faith you will do just fine. Ann Marie (mare's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks AnnMarie. The good thing I love to cook - but I just have to be a bit more imaginative when I start running out of food.

    ReplyDelete