Thursday, February 5, 2009

Get a JOB!

Everyone who has seen my blog - laughs about it and says I should do that too! Or after you finish your 30 days, can you come over and cook from my 2 full freezers. But then they say - you need to get a job. I had a job - a very good job. I have worked for 40 years. And then I am diagnosed with breast cancer. Then there were complications, blood clot, peripheral neuropathy...But I still thought I had a job. Then I am told that when I come off long term disability - there is no job for me. I had worked for ATKearney for 10 years and I am treated this way. My whole life was turned upside down. I had just finished putting a 1200 sq.ft. addition on my house so that my partner at the time and his 2 adult sons would have enough room. But then I find out he is cheating on me and I throw him out. So, now I am here with a 3500 sq ft house with an inground pool, poolhouse and it's only my daughter, Katy and myself. So I moved to Western Springs. Bought a house but it never felt like home to me. We lived there for less than a year and now live by family in Morris Plains. It's great to be close to family again but I am still hurt by what happened to me. I know I need to move on and to let go of the past...but it's easier said than do. So, don't tell me to get a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment