Friday, February 6, 2009

Moroccan Beef Tagine and more leftovers

Running out of lots of stuff. Col brought over the little vegetable oil she had- it was a half gallon container and only had 1/3 cup. I laughed at her because I thought she just wanted to me recycle the big bottle. But then my daughter Katy needed veg oil for brownies. Well, it turned out fine after all. Today, it will be soup or salad for breakfast and then leftover linguine for lunch. Today will be making Moroccan Beef and mushroom tagine - supposed to be eggplant but don't have any. Will also not have the honey (maybe Col does). But it should work. Divided the roast in half and will be making beef stew with stout, carrots, potatoes, small onions enclosed in a pastry crust. Will have to make pastry since don't have any store bought.

Trying to cut down on utility costs and my house is under 60 degrees. My coffee goes cold in no time flat but time now to refresh it. My fingers are pretty blue - better put my jacket on. But gloves in the house would really look ridiculous. I know Mike, I owe you a $.

1 comment:

  1. being I am another unemployed curran sister you inspired me to use what I have in the house. I made a concotion of black beans, stewed tomatoes, and mushrooms with some chili powder and cumin. Mixed with my egg whites today...pretty good... also making a bean chili (from the pkge of course) diz <3

    ReplyDelete